Have questions about the program?
Salary and Benefits
We offer a comprehensive, competitive salary and benefits package, based on candidates' credentials, such as work experience, academic record and geographic location.
No, this is a salary position based on market data with a comprehensive salary and a competitive, comprehensive benefits package
As a full-time Talent Development professional you will receive the full range of tkMNA benefits. We offer a competitive salary and a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance and tuition reimbursement assistance.
Program and Position
The TDP is a full-time job for all participants. After successful completion of the recruitment process, you will be employed by tkMNA
While you may have exposure to our international sales function, you will be living in the U.S. for the program duration. You’ll move through five functional rotations at various business units of tkMNA in the United States.
Because the program consists of rotating assignments, only one TDP participant will be assigned to a business area at a time. Howeever, you will meet the other participants of the programs at different seminars and networking events, and you will collaborate with your peers on a sales business case and present your recommendation to our Executive Leadership Team at the end of the program.
You’ll move through five functional rotations at various business units of tkMNA in the United States. Where you work will depend in part on current business unit needs, but placements will most likely be in major metropolitan cities located primarily in the Midwest and on the West Coast.
- West Coast city examples could be: Los Angeles, CA and Seattle, WA
- Midwest city examples could be: Detroit, MI and Cleveland, OH
Upon entering the program, your first rotation assignment will be your target position. All subsequent rotations are coordinated with the Employee Development Manager based on program requirements, business needs, your preferences and rotation availability.
You’ll learn business processes from experienced professionals in areas such as Sales (both Inside and Outside Sales), Marketing, Operations, Purchasing, International Sales and Business Strategy and work on these teams together with our experts.
As you move through your five functional rotations at various business units of tkMNA in the United States, some relocations may occur in order to expand your knowledge of the products and services provided by our different divisions.
- Great on-the-job experience in functional rotations at various business units of tkMNA in the United States
- Expanding your knowledge of the products and services provided by our different divisions
- Great networking opportunities across the thyssenkrupp Group
- Exposure to the various thyssenkrupp businesses, products and services throughout North America
We start recruiting in December, the year prior to selecting our final candidates. Offers will be extended in the spring of each year. The program kicks-off each year in June.
The recruiting process follows five steps when looking for TDP candidates:
- Applications: After submitting your application to us, we will evaluate your credentials based on program requirements. You will receive an acknowledgement providing you with your application status
- Online Assessment Center: If your credentials/ resume meet program requirements, we will invite you to complete an online skills assessment
- Telephone interviews: After reviewing all the applications, we will invite selected candidates to participate in a phone interview with one of our recruiters
- Face-to-face interview: Face-to-face interviews are conducted by Human Resources and business professionals on campus or at the tkMNA corporate headquarters in Michigan
- Career Day: Finalists will be invited to the thyssenkrupp Materials NA Career Day in Southfield, Michigan in late March or early April. Career Day will include an interview, case study and will give you an opportunity to learn more about thyssenkrupp
Yes. A perssonal mentor with sales expertise and management background will support you during the full 14-month period to provide guidance, support and feedback. You will also collaborate with your peers on a sales case study and present your recommendation to our Executive Leadership Team at the end of the program.
- You’ll participate in training on sales and customer service skills, negotiation skills and presentation skills
- You’ll receive functional training on technical issues, our products and competitors
- You’ll experience training targeted to your individual needs and personalized for your job goals
As graduates and young professionals, the TDP prepares you to move into positions with a significant level of responsibility in the future. Some alumni will take on managerial sales positions, while others will concentrate in specialized areas. Your individual career path within tkMNA is based both on your performance in the program and our actual business needs.
You’ll receive coaching throughout each rotation and developmental feedback throughout the program.