1. Chem. a silver-white metallic element, light in weight, ductile, malleable, and not readily corroded or tarnished.
Aluminum is widely acknowledged as one of the most versatile materials available today. Due mainly to a unique combination of characteristics, there is an aluminum alloy to fit almost any application imaginable.
thyssenkrupp Materials NA is your supplier for Aluminum Long Bar, Long, Tube, Pipe, Sheet, Coil, and Plate products. We offer our Aluminum products in multiple Alloys and Tempers, so you can be sure to find the right metal for you.
We also offer Value-Added Processing for our aluminum products. A few of the processes we offer include: slitting, precision cutting, and dry and wet coating. For more information, click here.
tk Ultra 7 Mold Plate®
tk Ultra 7 Mold Plate® is a high-strength 7000-series aluminum alloy designed for use in various mold-making applications such as injection molds or blow molds. tk Ultra 7 Mold Plate® has high thermal conductivity, high strength, consistent hardness throughout the thickness, and greater corrosion resistance than typical 7000-series aluminum alloys. Due to its chemistry and the heat treat practice, tk Ultra 7 Mold Plate® is a better choice over other high-strength alloys for resisting exfoliation corrosion and stress corrosion cracking. Additionally, tk Ultra 7 Mold Plate® can be polished to a very fine finish (SPI A2) and is available in standard thicknesses of 1.000” to 20.000” from stock.
Benefits of tk Ultra 7 Mold Plate® over P20 Steel are:
• 1/3 the weight of steel, which reduces wear on molding equipment
• Machines 8-10 times faster, resulting in lower mold costs and shorter mold-build lead times
• Excellent thermal conductivity, resulting in 20% - 40% improved cycle times
• Better corrosion resistance over other high-strength aluminum alloy
tk Ultra 7 Mold Plate